We are half way through Mental Health Awareness Month. Awareness for mental health is so important because people die everyday from poor mental health. People can’t work due to poor mental health or take care of their family or get out of bed. We have to bring awareness to this in order to normalize it in such a way that those who find themselves in such situations don’t hesitate to get professional help.
Twenty percent of adults in the United States experience a mental health condition in a given year. This topic deserves our attention and consideration. People are suffering and need help.
What are some ways we can raise awareness?
– Download You Are Not alone graphics, logos and social media images from NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) at https://www.nami.org/Get-Involved/Awareness-Events/Awareness-Resources
– Share the following mental health facts taken from nami.org with permission.
– Host a Facebook or Instagram Live with an expert or a person with real life experience to discuss how people can manage their mental health or practice self-care.
– Share a video of what mental health means to you. Use video sharing apps like TikTok or Instagram reels to create videos to post on your social media profiles.
– Use the following social media hashtags for Mental Health Awareness Month:
#NotAlone #MentalHealthMonth #MHM
– Promote NAMI Helpline’s contact information and hours of availability as a resource for people seeking mental health support. Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET. 800-950-NAMI (6264). firstname.lastname@example.org nami.org/Help
How are you going to help increase mental health awareness this month?
Feel free to use these graphics from NAMI.